Within the framework of the implementation of its Inter-University cooperation project between Laos and Luxembourg, the University of Luxembourg is currently seeking for a local qualified intern in Vientiane.
Our project is dedicated to the promotion of Rule of law through capacity building in legal higher education. To learn more about us, see: https://cooperationlaos.uni.lu/about/what-we-do/.
We will provide to the intern a friendly and dynamic working environment with a hands-on experience of a development cooperation project. The intern will be entrusted with important and relevant tasks and also learn new skills beneficial for future employment.
The Inter-University Project office is based at the Faculty of Law and Political Science, NUoL.
OBJECTIVE OF THE INTERNSIP
The Intern will work under the supervision of the Liaison Officer and assist her and the Project Assistant in their tasks, including administrative matters. The internship will be carried out with the objective of ensuring the best collaboration with the FLP and all partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
– Assisting with the organisation of seminars and conferences;
– Assisting with the day-to-day activities occurring at the Faculty;
– Assisting with administrative and technical support with documentation issues (library and e-library);
– Assisting with the monitoring and evaluatation of the project’ activities (ex-ante and ex-post assessment surveys, reporting, possibly baseline survey, etc.);
– Assisting in coordinating with the Faculty’s administration and other partners;
– Assisting with communication and online learning (design of posters and brochures, update of the website, editing of videos, etc.)
– Translation of documentation from Lao to English and English to Lao (administrative and legal documentation);
– Any other tasks as assigned by the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
– Law or International relations background;
– Excellent organisational and communication skills;
– Computer literate (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
– Excellent English skills.
The application must be written in English and should encompass:
– A curriculum vitae;
– A cover letter (1 page);
The initial duration of the assignment will be two months (with possible extensions). Project’s internship positions are paid. This internship position is full-time/part-time. Starting date as soon as possible.
Applications should be submitted to Dr. Perrine Simon firstname.lastname@example.org